How Can I Get my High School Diploma Recognized in Spain?

Let’s start by answering this question, since it is undoubtedly the basis of everything we will see below.

As you may already know, in Spain it is NOT compulsory to study high school, since compulsory education ends at what’s called “ESO” or secondary education (“educación secundaria obligatoria” in Spanish).

However, in case of wanting to enroll in a university degree or higher vocational training (“formación profesional”), it is necessary to have completed your baccalaureate.

And this is when the need to homologate and validate the degree comes into play.

If you are a foreign citizen who wants to study in a Spanish university, you will have to demonstrate that you have successfully completed high-school. And, for this, it is necessary to homologate your foreign degree.

*Please note that in order to enter university you must also pass the “selectividad”, the exam that acts as an entrance exam.

However, if you want to join or start non-university studies in Spain, then it will not be necessary to validate your diploma.

Besides, validating your baccalaureate has many other benefits. For example, you will be able to apply for public job postings in Spain.

Therefore, if you have studied your baccalaureate in your country of origin and have started to live in Spain, validate your education as soon as possible! There are many ways in which you will benefit, and the procedure is quite straightforward.

Do you have any doubts? Our lawyers will solve them all instantly:

Deja un comentario